Tuesday, March 8, 2011

8th March Tuesday..

The weather changed today... a lot cooler..rained over night...so we decided to drive into Geelong as John wants to buy some stuff to attach a waterbottle onto the trailer...

What we thought would be just an average day turned into something a bit different...on the way in I started to feel a bit hot which is nothing unusual for me...then all of a sudden I had strong pains in the chest and my throat instantly went numb.. which I'm used to when I have an angina attack...because I have "unstable angina" it can happen anytime..normally not so strong but today it was... and I all of a sudden remembered that I lost my angina spray which I have to always carry with me..I lost it on the great ocean road..my bag fell out of the car and I picked everything up but apparently not the spray...

So I knew I was in trouble as the pain was so strong I needed the spray straight away which is the only thing to ease the pain...John drove around Geelong frantically looking for a chemist hoping they could help me out..but we could not find one... then John notice an ambulance pull up on the opposite side of the road.. he quickly did a U turn and they came out and helped me..gave me an angina tablet straight away..but I couldnt get away without them doing all the usual stuff and putting me on a monitor to check out my heart... In the middle of the road I ask you. !!! but the tablet did the trick and the pain eased..they let me leave without taking me to hospital as long as I promised to go to the medical centre around the corner and get a script for a spray... which we did...the surgery was kind enough to put me in straight away, and the doctor didn't even change me for the visit..

After that we did what we had to do and came back home....

No comments:

Post a Comment