Friday, July 15, 2011

11th July... Returned to Sydney..

After leaving Kootingal we returned to Sydney as Trysha is having a few heart problems and we need to get them checked out before we travel further...

We stopped off over night in a bush camp at Braxnton...and the next morning before continuing on to Sydney I caught up with my foster-daughter Jessika Rose who I have not seen for some time...it was wonderful to catch up with her and her Mum Denise...


Just as a footnote to explain to people who don't know about Jessika... Many years ago my family and  I used to foster new born babies that were up for adoption...I would look after the baby for the first 3 months of its life till it was adopted...I did this for many years and I have lots of babies all over Sydney that I was their first "Mummy"

Jessika was a special needs baby with downs syndrome and when we fostered her she was a very sick baby..with 3 holes in the heart, feeding problems bowel problems etc etc and she was with us for 12 months, as we had to resolve a lot of her problems before she could be adopted out...

She went to her new home 3 days before her 1st birthday...and she was the last baby we fostered...

We have keep in touch with Jessika and her family ever since and every year she used to come and stay with me ...but now I am on the road its hard to keep in touch...

But when I can I do...she has grown into a wonderful young lady and she is now 13 years old...

Love you Jessika Rose 

No comments:

Post a Comment